Re: FindRoots?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112291] Re: FindRoots?
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akozlowski at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 00:57:44 -0400 (EDT)
On 7 Sep 2010, at 10:02, Ingolf Dahl wrote:

> But anyway, I consider it as snobbery to say that Reduce is superior to
> RootSearch. They do not play in the same division, and perform different
> tasks.

Why should it matter to me what you call it? Is that an argument?

If you read what I have written on this subject you may noticed that there
are ways to do essentially the same things that RootSearch attempts to do and obtain the complete set of roots (provably complete) (I am not referring to using Reduce).  That, I do call "superior" and really I don't care if anyone thinks it's "snobbery" or not.

Andrzej Kozlowski