Re: FindRoots? / Semenev systems of equations...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg112317] Re: FindRoots? / Semenev systems of equations...
- From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akozlowski at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 04:22:25 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com> <4C87C31E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 8 Sep 2010, at 19:08, Richard Fateman wrote: > Just a brief question... > > Does this method work only for zero-dimensional solutions (i.e. points)? > In which case it is far less interesting than Reduce, it seems to me. > > > RJF > Yes, indeed. It works only for zero dimensional solutions and, of course, it is much less interesting than Reduce. But still, it does something that Reduce does not do and for which there seems to be a demand. Andrzej Kozlowski