Colorfunction in ContourPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112409] Colorfunction in ContourPlot
  • From: Eamane <ntina.86 at libero.it>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 05:15:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
I beg your pardon in advance if this question has already been
asked..I looked among some older posts but I didn't find an answer.
I'm plotting a function of two variables with ContourPlot.
It's something very simple like:

ContourPlot[f(x,y), {x, 0, 1}, {y, 0.01, 0.1},
 ColorFunction -> "LightTemperatureMap",
 FrameLabel -> {.....}]

I'm using the command colorfunction because I'd like Mathematica to
plot the regions where function f(x,y) is smaller with blue and the
densest regions with red. I try to explain my problem: the colors I
get are almost exactly what I want, except for the densest regions,
which are white. How can I color them with red?

Thank you so much for your kind help.
Cheers
Valentina