Why Row does not format 2 plots in one row when ImageSize->Full?

Version 7,

When I type

Case 1
--------
p1 = Plot[Sin[x], {x, -Pi, Pi}, ImageSize -> 200];
Row[{p1, p1}]

Then the 2 plots above show up in one row as expected.

But when I type

case 2
------
p1 = Plot[Sin[x], {x, -Pi, Pi}, ImageSize -> Full];
Row[{p1, p1}, ImageSize -> 200]

Then the 2 plots show up on top of each others. *not in a row*

And when I do

case 3
-------
p1 = Plot[Sin[x], {x, -Pi, Pi}, ImageSize -> Full];
GraphicsRow[{p1, p1}, ImageSize -> 200]

Then the 2 plots show up in one row again.

I am sure there is a very good and obvious explanation for case 2, but I
do not see it now.

May be it has to do with the ordering of the rendering process?

--Nasser