Re: Can somebody integrate this function ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg112538] Re: Can somebody integrate this function ?
- From: dr DanW <dmaxwarren at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 05:38:06 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I would say that something is up here. I integrated it in my copy of version 7 (version details below) with no problem. $Version "7.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (February 19, 2009)" Since the integrand is just a polynomial in z, this should be a no- brainer for Mathematica. Try the integral in a completely clean start- up of Mathematica; perhaps you have set a value for y somewhere, maybe even in an init.m file that is being read in automatically. I am assuming that you are more interested in why Mathematica seems to be acting strangely than you are about the integral itself, but if you still need the integral, try: cl = CoefficientList[ (5/12) (-1 + z) (y^2 - 3 z^2) (27 y^4 - 12 Sqrt y^5 + 4 y^6 + 18 y^2 (3 - 2 z) z^2 + 3 (3 - 2 z)^2 z^4 + 4 Sqrt y^3 z^2 (-3 + 2 z)), z]; Integrate[z^Range[0, Length[cl] - 1], z].cl