Animation

I have a table of coordinates eg place={{10, 4}, {10, 7}, {10, 5}, {9, 7}}

I want to make an animation of these points which adds them successively. so the following almost works (NB I know that ListAnimate would work as well and is possibly preferable)

Manipulate[
 Graphics[{PointSize -> Large, Point[place[[i]]]}, Frame -> True,
  PlotRange -> {{1, 10}, {1, 10}}], {i, 1, 4, 1}]

in that it displays the points successively. bu what I want is for the preceding points to be left visible (so the number of points grows). Needless to say the above is a trivial example, in practice I could have 10s of thousands of points and so want to be careful not to create very large arrays.

Thanks