Re: How to interpret this integral?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112608] Re: How to interpret this integral?
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 04:20:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Julian,

I don't know how to get rid of the Fresnel integrals, but for use in C
programs couldn't you just generate a (large) table of Fresnel
integral values and interpolate where needed? They both converge to a
fixed value rather rapidly, so that should be doable.

For instance, you could sample the integrals at their local maxima at
+/- Sqrt[2/\[Pi]] Sqrt[\[Pi] + 2 \[Pi] k] with k integer and minima at
2 Sqrt[k].

Cheers -- Sjoerd