test cluster integration

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112664] test cluster integration
  • From: Cristobal Navarro <axischire at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 02:20:46 -0400 (EDT)

hello,

i have SGE cluster on 2 machines, which works well independant of mathematica.
however, i want to use mathematica + SGE together as an aditional
feature for our needs.

i configured the cluster correctly i think (this is all under linux
ubuntu 10.04 64-bit)
but how can i test something to see if the kernels are being executed
among the cores of both computers??

i have tested this but it fails:

Needs["ClusterIntegration`"]
kernels = LaunchKernels[SGE[], 4]