Re: How do I test for existence of a list element?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg112683] Re: How do I test for existence of a list element?
- From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
- Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 02:45:06 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: HPR <read at math.uvm.edu>
On 9/25/2010 2:21 AM, Joseph Gwinn wrote: > I have an application where I am bouncing around in a list, and may > accidentally ask for an element beyond the end of the list, which causes > Mathematica to complain and balk, preventing completion. > > Is there any way to test for the existence of a list element without > provoking complaint or balking should the list item fail to exist? Why not ask for the Length[list] ? -- Helen Read University of Vermont