defining a integer greater than one

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117862] defining a integer greater than one
  • From: Karina Erlang <karina.erlang at yahoo.de>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 02:41:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am new to Mathematica and cannot seem to achieve the following. I want to integrate an expression but Mathematica gives me a nonsensical if answer. (If Re(n)>1 then etc). How can I define n being greater than one before that integration. I can only achieve to make it an integer with the Element[] function. Thanks guys.