Re: Mathematica 8.01 and the CDF plug-in

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117935] Re: Mathematica 8.01 and the CDF plug-in
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 06:41:58 -0400 (EDT)

I thought it was obvious... I tried opening the file with various browsers (at least 4) using the Open File menu and each time something different happened but in no case was it the expected thing. Firefox asked me if I wanted to open the file with some application and suggested one called "Wolfram" (which I assume was the CDF player) but the application would not "load" the file (it reported "loading" and got stuck).  Other browsers (Camino) opened the text version of the notebook (or rather CDF file) or seemed to do nothing at all (Safari).

Andrzej