Re: How to change the page margin?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118126] Re: How to change the page margin?
  • From: Armand Tamzarian <mike.honeychurch at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 05:54:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 12, 7:57 pm, Alexei Boulbitch <alexei.boulbi... at iee.lu> wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> The discussion below pushed me to ask this question. I would like to make a StyleSheet on the basis of
> an existing one, but with a somewhat smaller left and right page margins for the text. The question is: what parameter should I fix?
> Is it the CellMargins (as that below) but for the TextCell? If yes, what precisely means the figure 90 there
> say, in terms of millimeters?
>
> Best regards, Alexei
>

> On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 18:00:27 -0400 (EDT), ShiftyMongoose wrote:
> >  Hi All,
>
> >  I've created two new format styles (SubInput&  SubOutput) which is
> >  exactly the same as Input&  Output format except that it is indented a
> >  few characters to the right.
>
> >  This was done by copying the format from Core.nb and changing
> >  "Cellmargins" start position.
>
> >  SubInput works fine, however after calculating the output, Mathematica
> >  will display the answer using the Output format instead of the SubOutput
> >  format.
>
> >  How do I instruct Mathematica to display the answer using the SubOutput
> >  format?
>
> >  Thanks,
> >  SM
>
> Instead of copying the entire styles, you can actually base the
> SubInput/SubOutput styles directly off of whatever Mathematica's existing
> Input/Output styles are, which is less work and more portable across versions of
> Mathematica.  Here's a version of what I'm talking about, with the appropriate
> GeneratedCellStyle option set (which is the option you were looking for):
>
> {
> Cell[StyleData["SubInput", StyleDefinitions ->  StyleData["Input"]],
>   CellMargins->{{90, Inherited}, {Inherited, Inherited}},
>   GeneratedCellStyles->{"Output"->"SubOutput"}],
>
> Cell[StyleData["SubOutput", StyleDefinitions ->  StyleData["Output"]],
>   CellMargins->{{90, Inherited}, {Inherited, Inherited}}]
>
> }
>
> Copy the above list into your stylesheet, replacing the previous versionsof
> SubInput and SubOutput, and you'll have something that works like you want, I
> think.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> John Fultz
> jfultz at wolfram.com
> User Interface Group
> Wolfram Research, Inc.
>
> --
> Alexei Boulbitch, Dr. habil.
> Senior Scientist
> Material Development
>
> IEE S.A.
> ZAE Weiergewan
> 11, rue Edmond Reuter
> L-5326 CONTERN
> Luxembourg
>
> Tel: +352 2454 2566
> Fax: +352 2454 3566
> Mobile: +49 (0) 151 52 40 66 44
>
> e-mail: alexei.boulbi... at iee.lu
>
> www.iee.lu
>
> --

> [...]

If I am understanding your question correctly then you need to change
the printing options. For one off cases you can use the print settings
menu or evaluate this:

SetOptions[EvaluationNotebook[],
 PrintingStartingPageNumber -> 1,
 PrintingOptions -> {
   "PrintingMargins" -> {{90, 90}, {60, 90}},
   "PaperSize" -> {596, 794},
   "PageSize" -> {596, 794},
   "PageHeaderMargins" -> {60, 60},
   "PageFooterMargins" -> {30, 30},
   "FirstPageFace" -> Right,
   "FirstPageHeader" -> False,
   "FirstPageFooter" -> False}]

the numbers are printers points. In my stylesheet I include these
options as part of the notebook style.

Mike