Polygon Data to Graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118117] Polygon Data to Graph
  • From: prasang <prasang at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 05:52:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hi
I am regular user of another system, but shifting to Mathematica to take
advantage of Combinatorica package.
My need to is import a 3D model and convert it into a connected graph.
Mathematica allows import of .PLY,.OBJ files directly and I am able to
extract the vertices & Polygon (faces) connectivity from it.
But, to create a graph, I need to pass the vertices and edges.

Can you help in converting the Polygon data to edge data (The
'linedata' element usually returns a null set)

Once i create the graph, i will use to find shortestpath (discrete
geodesics).

thanks a lot in advance. please provide the missing link on converting
the polygondata to linedata.

prasanna