Re: MathML, JSP and webMathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118142] Re: MathML, JSP and webMathematica
  • From: Mark McClure <mcmcclur at unca.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 04:49:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 7:04 AM, Kenneth M Flurchick <kmflurch at ncat.edu> wrote:

> I am trying to write a webMathematica page which will include MathML plus
> MSP tags and display the mathML correctly.  Solutions thus far have given
> no superscripts, subscripts and so on.  I am aware that webMathematica
> generates MathML but displays it as a separate pop-up page.

It sounds like your difficulties are based more in the web interface
side than in Mathematica.  Although the Integrate example that appears
in the webMathematica documentation produces MathML that appears in a
popup, for instance, there is no reason you can't send that MathML to
the current page.  Furthermore, that MathML should look fine in a
recent browser.  Although a *very* recent browser might be necessary
for MathML to run natively, there is a JavaScript program called
MathJax that is very simple to install and should allow the MathML to
render nicely in a wide variety of browsers.

I set up an example to illustrates these things here:
http://www.cs.unca.edu:8082/webMathematica/Mine/Typeset.jsp

Hope that helps,
Mark McClure