Re: Workbench question: Is there a $WorkbenchCurrentWorkingDirectory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118140] Re: Workbench question: Is there a $WorkbenchCurrentWorkingDirectory
  • From: Adam Berry <adamb at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 04:48:48 -0400 (EDT)

On 4/13/11 4:55 AM, Ted Sariyski wrote:
> Hi,
> When I copy a Workbench project to different location, e.g. from P:\ to
> Q:\, I have to manually modify a line in my code:
> WorkBenchDir=FileNameJoin[{"P:","WorkBench","myProject"}];
> WorkBenchDir=FileNameJoin[{"Q:","WorkBench","myProject"}];
> I guess that when I run Workbench with a new location Workbench keeps
> the location internally. Where can I find the variables WorkBench
> exports to Mathematica?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --Ted

Hello,

This is a little confusing as you should never have to do this when
launching Mathematica from within Workbench. By launching I mean either
simply opening a notebook or using Run/Debug As, in either of these
situations the paths should be setup correctly for you.

How did you move the projects, did you simply copy the root of the
workspace, or something else.

The other thing that occurs to me is that you are doing this to use code
from another project that is in the same workspace. In this instance you
can use project references to automatically add those things to the
path, right click on the project and choose properties, then look at the
Project References page, and simply check the projects that you wish to use.

Whenever Mathematica is launched from the Workbench, you can get this
information from the symbol;

Workbench`$WorkspaceDirectory

But, as I said, this really shouldn't be necessary, so please respond so
we can work out whats going on.

Sincerely,

Adam Berry
Wolfram Workbench Development Team