Same Programming Problem Implemented in Multiple Paradigms

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118389] Same Programming Problem Implemented in Multiple Paradigms
  • From: Brad Rubin <bsrubin at stthomas.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 04:43:38 -0400 (EDT)

I remember seeing, within the last year, a nice example of how to solve
the same little programming problem using the Mathematica procedural,
rule-based (pattern), and functional paradigms.  It might have had
something to do with quadratic equations.  I can't recall if this was in
a book, or a Wolfram screencast, or Wolfram seminar.

Does anyone recall seeing this (and could you point me to it)?

-- Brad Rubin