Mathematica 8 Free-Form linguistic input

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118455] Mathematica 8 Free-Form linguistic input
  • From: sigismond kmiecik <sigismond.kmiecik at wanadoo.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 07:28:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all

I am unable to execute any steps in sequence  using this type of input.
For example
= plot sin x
displays what I expect but if my next free-form input is
= add frame

it is never interpreted as Show [%, Frame -> True ]
but as

Show[\!\(\*TagBox[
FrameBox["\<\"graphics\"\>"],
"Placeholder"]\), Frame -> True]

which I cannot edit at all (if I cut the boxed graphics symbol and
replace it by % a lot of garbage follows)
According to the video demonstrations on the web it should be
straightforward to achieve, so what am I missing?

Best regards

Sigismond Kmiecik