Re: How to run ".nb" file always in dos command line

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123599] Re: How to run ".nb" file always in dos command line
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at trm.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 05:38:18 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

please go to Help->DocumentationCenter and paste

tutorial/MathematicaScripts

into the search line. You'll see that a file test.m containing this:

#!/usr/local/bin/MathematicaScript -script
Export["./test.png",Plot[Sin[x] ,{x, 0, 6 Pi}]];

will do what you want, when you set the file executable and call it like
a normal shell script with "./test.m" or you call

MathematicaScript -script test.m

If you are not on Linux, then you may have to adjust your paths, etc.

Cheers
Patrick