Plot[...]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123922] Plot[...]
  • From: "Scot T. Martin" <smartin at seas.harvard.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 07:07:24 -0500 (EST)

Whole example is posted below as a weblink but the bottom line question is that I get this error message for a function in Plot[...] when using Piecewise[...]:=

Max::nord: Invalid comparison with -170.+99.9444 I attempted. >>

I don't quite understand this because my function is a very good one that only produces real numbers. For instance, this error message comes up in the formulation for Piecewise[...] but goes away if I set up the function using Condition[...].

I put the notebook here for anyone interested in this problem:

http://www.seas.harvard.edu/environmental-chemistry/PiecewiseError.nb

I have isolated the problem to some interaction among Piecewise, Plot, and the n0[...] function.

Thoughts?