Re: it isn't strange?!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg116121] Re: it isn't strange?!
- From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
- Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 05:26:40 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I assume "pb" means problem? In any even all of the logic below is false for each of the examples you have; however, I am not sure what your question is exactly. Kevin On 2/2/2011 6:06 AM, olfa wrote: > Hi Mathematica community, > > here is my pb: > > input: > Reduce[Max[a, b] == Max[c, d], c, Reals] > output: > (d< Max[a, b]&& c == Max[a, b]) || (d == Max[a, b]&& c<= Max[a, > b]) > > when testing this output with 2 initialisations: > d = 2 a = 4 b = 3 c = 6 here d< Max[4, 3] but c is not equal to > Max[4, 3] > > d = 4 a = 4 b = 3 c = 6 here d = Max[4, 3] but c is not<= to > Max[4, 3] > > where is the pb?! >