Re: phase portraits

J and B wrote:
> I am trying to find examples where Mathematica is used to study dynamic
> equations through the use of phase portraits, including their respective
> points: equilibrium, stability, attractors, bifurcations and so on.
>
> Does any one have any work on this subject that he/she would mind sharing?
> I had many courses in this field in graduate school in the early 70's, and
> now I am trying to get a handle on them again.  Back then I was using
> Fortran.   Things have changed a lot.
>
> Thanks

There are Demonstrations that cover some of this. I give URLs to some of
the more relevant ones below.

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/PhasePortraitAndFieldDirectionsOfTwoDimensionalLinearSystems/
http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/EigenvaluesAndLinearPhasePortraits/
http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/VisualizingTheSolutionOfTwoLinearDifferentialEquations/