Re: Excel XLS Import slowdown in version 8

Hi,

I experienced a problem with Mathematica 8 when importing very large
Excel files (above 40 mb).

These same files used to work fine with Mathematica 7, but with
Mathematica 8, after around 10 seconds, I got the message:
Import::fmterr: Cannot import data as XLS format.

Pedro