Mathematica 8 install - ListPlot not working

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116298] Mathematica 8 install - ListPlot not working
  • From: Canopus56 <canopus56 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 05:22:25 -0500 (EST)

I have installed Mathematica 8 on a Windows 7 laptop.  I tried to do ListPlot of data, but instead of plotting, Mathematica displays a grey radio box with the word ListPlot in it.  In the function, ListPlot is black and appears to be recognized.  How do I get this to work?  I understand that in Mathematica 8, ListPlot is built-in and does not require a separate package.  I am working in a project directory and not the Mathematica directory. - Thanks, Kurt