two questions - Mathematica's statistical capacities

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116352] two questions - Mathematica's statistical capacities
  • From: Francisco Gutierrez <fgutiers2002 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 04:19:09 -0500 (EST)

Dear Group:
Mathematica's statistical capacities have been enhanced in the last versions. However, I have two questions:

a. Has anybody developed code for doing multi-level regressions in Mathematica? If yes, where can it be found?

b. A simple but important command, MeanDifferenceTest was made obsolete. However, it was quite nice. It still works, but Mathematica informs it has been "superseded". Furthermore, the commands that are supposed to replace it, like LocationEquivalenceTest, seem inferior, and produce different results. How to interpret such differences? Anyway I hope MeanDifferenceTest is not wiped from the surface of the earth!

Best,
Francisco