Re: Interpolation difficulty

On Feb 19, 2:13 am, Javier <mathquesti... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interpolation[{{2, 1}, {4, 5}, {5, 2}}, InterpolationOrder -> 0]
> gives a function which is 5 from 2 to 4, and 2 from 4 to 5.
>
> I want as a result a function which is 1 from 2 up to 4, then
> 5 from 4 up to 5. It should extrapolate to x=1 giving also 1,
> and to x=6 giving 2. Is this possible? Many thanks in advance.

See the documentation for InterpolationOrder:
http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/InterpolationOrder.html

It sounds like you were expecting Interpolation to interpret
InterpolationOrder->0 the same way that ListLinePlot does.

Also note that, when InterpolationOrder->0, the function returned
by Interpolation disagrees with the data at the first data point.