Re: Color grid with x and y args to visualize effects of 2D transformations?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116577] Re: Color grid with x and y args to visualize effects of 2D transformations?
  • From: Heike Gramberg <heike.gramberg at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 05:26:54 -0500 (EST)

I'm not entirely sure how you want to use your function, but if you're interested in drawing the image of a rectangular grid after a 2D transformation you could do something like this:

mesh[fx_, fy_, opts___] :=
 ParametricPlot[{fx[x, y], fy[x, y]}, {x, 0, 1}, {y, 0, 1},
  Mesh -> 9,
  MeshShading ->
   Table[Hue[xi, (1 - yi), 1], {yi, Range[0, 1, 1/10]}, {xi,
     Range[0, 1, 1/10]}], opts]

This would draw the image of the square 0<x,y<1 with a 10x10 coloured grid under the mapping {x,y}->{fx[x,y],fy[x,y]}.

Heike.