Re: outputting C code

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116707] Re: outputting C code
  • From: HonestMath <honestmath at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 06:24:51 -0500 (EST)

Thank you for your reply, I studied the examples you presented.

It looks like I am able to create some code for external use.
However, I wonder if enough code is generated or if some is in byte
code for that platform.  Let me elaborate.  I want to know if it is
possible to create a function that calls built-in Mathematica
functions, and use this in an external software package.

For example,  if I have an application meant for use on an Android
device, is it possible for Mathematica to give me all I need to
generate a Java library, or C source code that can be compiled for a
Java device?  As compilation is device dependent, it seems it might be
limited to the device on which Mathematica is running.  If you have
Mathematica for Windows, it generates Windows code, if on a Mac, it
generates Mac code.  Is this correct, or is there a way to get all I
need to run on an Android, Palm, or iphone?

Cheers!