Re: Mathematica daily WTF
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg115140] Re: Mathematica daily WTF
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 04:55:35 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <4D1E0675.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
In article <ifmrvv$pim$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl> wrote: > Obviously my meaning was that in Mathematica in most cases a > procedural program can be replaced by a more compact and, to most people, > more elegant looking, "functional" one. And my own response in an immediately preceding and long messages was that neither compactness nor elegant appearance are particularly significant virtues for many users of Mathematica -- especially when they come at the cost of losing many other desirable features of useful programs.