Re: Manually culling a list

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115154] Re: Manually culling a list
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 04:58:24 -0500 (EST)

That fails (AS DESCRIBED):

list = CharacterRange["A", "F"];
CheckboxBar[Dynamic[x], list]
list[[x]]

{"A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F"}[[{"A", "D", "F"}]]

Part::pspec: Part specification {A,D,F} is neither an integer nor a list
of integers. >>

But success is hidden within:

Documentation includes the simple example

{CheckboxBar[Dynamic[x], {1, 2, 3}], Dynamic[x]}

and this is also interesting:

{TogglerBar[Dynamic[y], Range[5]], Dynamic[y]}

In both cases, elements are added to x in the order that check-marks are
added.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at yahoo.com