Re: How to change the directory for the docs?

In <ifpk99$bso$1 at smc.vnet.net> David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk> writes:

>It might help to explain why you want to do this. There is probably an
>easier way to achieve whatever it is you want to do.

Well, if you want to know, I've copied all the Mathematica
documentation notebooks to a personal directory, so that I can
modify them at will.  The ultimate goal is to supplement these
notebooks with important information that they lack, and to fix
factual errors in them.  I want all the built-in Mathematica help
facilities to point to these annotated notebooks rather than to
the "official" ones.

~kj