Permanently install GenomeData

Due to the slowness of the Wolfram Research data server, does anyone
know how to get Mathematica to permanently install data? For example,
evaluating GenomeData["SCNN1A", "FullSequence"]; takes forever due to
having to reinstall the data each time I start Mathematica.

I would like the behavior to be like CUDAResourcesInstall[] where it
installs the necessary data, and doesn't have to reinstall it each
time you restart Mathematica; yet you can call
CUDAResourcesInstall[Update -> True] if you would like to have it
updated.

Any thoughts?

Thanks