Re: automatic integral output simplification

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115192] Re: automatic integral output simplification
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 04:23:19 -0500 (EST)

The Sin[t]^2 form appears because the coefficient of t in Cos[2 t] is
EXACTLY 2, so the following results are to be expected:

Integrate[-8 Sin[2 t], {t, 0, t}]
Integrate[-8 Sin[2. t], {t, 0, t}]
Integrate[-8 Sin[w t], {t, 0, t}]
Integrate[-8 Sin[w t], {t, 0, t}] /. w -> 2
Integrate[-8 Sin[w t], {t, 0, t}] /. w -> 2 // Expand

-8 Sin[t]^2

-4. + 4. Cos[2. t]

(8 (-1 + Cos[t w]))/w

4 (-1 + Cos[2 t])