Re: dissabling code segments

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115181] Re: dissabling code segments
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 04:21:13 -0500 (EST)

In Mathematica 8, select the lines to be commented or uncommented, then
either use Edit menu item "Un/Comment selection" or else the equivalent
hotkey Alt + /  (Cmd + / on Mac).

Or select the lines, right-click and then select Un/Comment from the
pop-up context menu.  (Ctrl + click to get context menu on Mac.)

You could discover the context-menu method by searching in the
Documentation Center for "comment".  One of the entries is for the page
"[Right-click] > Un/Comment" (ref/menuitem/UnComment).

In principle, you should be able to discover the menu method (and
shortcut key) from the same search: on that same page
ref/menuitem/UnComment there's a More About entry "Menu Items".  Click
that. On the page guide/MenuItems you won't see any "Un/Comment" item.
And if you click the Edit entry there, to get the page guide/EditMenu,
you _ought_ to find "Un/Comment" -- but it's missing!  Clearly a
documentation oversight.  (I just reported that to Wolfram tech support.)

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305