Re: original meaning of System` functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115290] Re: original meaning of System` functions
  • From: Ralf Hemmecke <hemmecke at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 02:07:05 -0500 (EST)

True, it looks impossible, but maybe there is still a way to get
System`ClearAll in its original Mathematica meaning. I simply want to
get access to the builtin behaviour of the "function". Possible or
impossible?

Note, I am not asking for user-defined functions, but rather for
modified system-defined constructs. Deep inside the Mathematica kernel,
the original meaning must have been hardcoded. How to access that?

Ralf