Re: How to change the directory for the docs?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115301] Re: How to change the directory for the docs?
  • From: kj <no.email at please.post>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 04:08:11 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for your suggestions!  I'll make a back-up, globally change
Saveable->False to Saveable->True (easy to do from the Unixh shell),
and make my corrections on the doc pages that Mathematica serves.

This solution is not as generally applicable as the one I had
originally envisioned, but luckily the Mathematica license that my
institution has is one where each user can get their own local copy
of the software, so I can work right on the installation directory.
In the past, however, I've had to use a centralized copy of
Mathematica, in which case the solution above would not have worked.

If anyone happens to know what the more general solution would be
(which would require the set-up I originally described), please
let me know.

Anyway, thanks again!

~kj