adding a keyboard shortcut for double brackets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115740] adding a keyboard shortcut for double brackets
  • From: Barrie Stokes <Barrie.Stokes at newcastle.edu.au>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 05:30:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi All

I note in the Help page "Keyboard Shortcut Listing" that for example entering Alt+] gives the pair of single brackets [] with the cursor between them.
No such shortcut is listed for the double brackets [[ ....]]. Can this be added to one's installation of Mathematica? I seem to be doing "Esc [ [ Esc Esc ] ] Esc left arrow" quite a lot in a Windows 7 system.

Barrie