Re: adding a keyboard shortcut for double brackets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115773] Re: adding a keyboard shortcut for double brackets
  • From: Barrie Stokes <Barrie.Stokes at newcastle.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 06:31:01 -0500 (EST)

Hi Bobby

On your Windows machine, does Alt+] and then Alt+] again give the same
result as my 9 keystroke sequence "Esc [ [ Esc Esc ] ] Esc left_arrow",
i.e. the pair of characters represented at the Expression level by
\[LeftDoubleBracket] and \[RightDoubleBracket], with cursor in the
middle (achieved by my left-arrow)?

If it does, then sacre bleu! It doesn't on my PC; first thing I tried.
Otherwise, ...

I want the nice notation without 9 keystrokes each time.

Barrie

<op.vpkw8y1otgfoz2 at bobbys-imac.local>,