Re: Mathematica 8 browser plugin and Firefox 3/4

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115765] Re: Mathematica 8 browser plugin and Firefox 3/4
  • From: Armand Tamzarian <mike.honeychurch at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 06:29:27 -0500 (EST)

On Jan 19, 9:24 pm, thinline <nman... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone confirm that the browser plugin which comes with Mathematica 8=
 works with either Firefox 3.6.x or 4 beta? I've only tried it with the lat=
ter and it seems to not work for me.

> When I go to this demonstration, for example:http://demonstrations.wolfra=
m.com/IkedaDelayDifferentialEquation/
> and click on the static image of the demo, a little popup offers to "down=
load live version with active controls". Upon choosing this, I get the spin=
ning wheel progress indicator and a "Loading" message, followed by a notebo=
ok graphic with "Loading file..." in the center of the browser. Nothing mor=
e happens after this point.

> I don't have a 3.6 version of Firefox to try this on, but I have also tri=
ed it with the nightly Chrome and the behavior there is the same - i.e. it =
doesn't work. With IE 8, the demo does load as it should, but this doesn't =
tell me anything about where the fault lies (Firefox or Mathematica) as the=
 interface to Mathematica in IE is not done through the same plugin, but ra=
ther an ActiveX control.

> Cheers,
> Adrian

On Mac 10.6.6 with Firefox 3.6.x it works nicely.

Mike