Need help with Mathematica

Hello to everyone.

I am in dire need of some assistance with Mathematica. First of all, I
need to know how to write a for loop that would create a series of
output files numbered according to the index of the said loop. For
instance, I want to feed Mathematica with a series of input files
named P1.txt, P2.txt, etc. The equation I'm working on outputs three
files: Q1.txt, R1.txt, S1.txt for the first input. I want the loop to
tell my program how to name my files.

I know how to do this in another system, but I'm rather new with Mathematica.
I've been trying to find a solution for days but apparently the
difference between both programs is enough for me not to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.