Re: Mathematica 8 Home Edition

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116057] Re: Mathematica 8 Home Edition
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 03:23:43 -0500 (EST)

So far as I am aware, for a given version number, e.g., 8.0.0, the
regular (i.e., "Professional") edition = Home Edition = Student Edition
with respect to features.

The two aspects that _may_ differ are: (1) kind of support provided by
Wolfram Research (beyond installation issues), and (2) whether some
special identification of the edition appears on printed pages.

I know these two differences have existed between the Student Edition
and the Professional Edition in the past. But I have no experience as to
whether the Home Edition also has those two differences.

However, a quick, free (at least from within U.S.) phone call to Wolfram
Research should get you the answer real quick!

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305