Re: Cudalink Internal Error

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg119980] Re: Cudalink Internal Error
  • From: Bert RAM Aerts <bert.ram.aerts at>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 04:11:12 -0400 (EDT)

On 29 jun, 23:25, Brad Kimbrough <brad.kimbro... at>
> Hello,
> I have been trying to run the cudalink examples located in the getting
> started directory for cudalink.
> CudaQ returns true, and all other status queries return results. I am
> running a GTX 285, and have been using cuda without mathmatica for
> some time - all the sdk examples run.
> when I try to run the CudaDot example I get: CUDADot::internal:
> cudalink experienced and internal error.
> I can transfer memory to and from the GPU using the cudalink data
> transfer functions without error, but none of the Cudalink
> computational functions will run. The error provides no indication of
> what is wrong.
> If anyone else has experienced this issue I could really use your
> help.
> Regards,
> Brad Kimbrough

You forgot to mention on which operating system you are...

I am working on Mageia Linux x86_64 with Mathematica Home Edition 8.0.1

I had to foresee following symbolic links:
cd /usr/lib64/nvidia-current
ln -s
ln -s
cd /usr/lib64
ln -s nvidia-current/

I start Mathematica with following script:
export NVIDIA_DRIVER_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64/nvidia-current/
export CUDA_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64/nvidia-current/

This way the CUDADot example from the Documentation Center works.

Hope this helps...

Kind regards,