Re: Beeps in Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120117] Re: Beeps in Mathematica
- From: Alexey Popkov <lehin.p at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 05:37:02 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
On 7 Jul, 16:45, Simon <simonjtyler at gmail.com> wrote: > Do the other sound commands work? > If not, then maybe the following superuser question will help youhttp://superuser.com/q/295979/45585 Thanks for the link. I just have figured out the reason why Beep command did not produce any sound on my Windows 2000 installation of Mathematica 7. It is because the system registry parameter "Beep" was set to "No" in the following registry key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound] Setting it to "Yes" makes Beep command working (after restarting Windows). I still consider this as a fault because I expect Mathematica do not depend on OS-specific undocumented settings.