Re: How to write a "proper" math document

In article <iv6gqo$s5p$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Richard Fateman <fateman at cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> We need
> > the same kind of thought given to active and dynamic documents as Edward
> > Tufte has given to data graphics.
>
> Yes, I agree entirely here.  I think that Tufte is hard to match.

Have to say that, back sometime around the early 1990s, which I was
voluntarily teaching a small course for EE students in preparing demos
and graphic displays on the Mac using QuickBasic (or was it Real Basic?)
I bought Tufte to see what it might have to tell me the graphic of data
and computed results -- and decided it had nothing really useful to say,
was as over-hyped as it was empty of meaningful content, and discarded
it.

Maybe I should look again . . .