Re: Numerical accuracy/precision - this is a bug or a feature?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120214] Re: Numerical accuracy/precision - this is a bug or a feature?
- From: Richard Fateman <fateman at cs.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 03:12:07 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 7/12/2011 4:01 AM, slawek wrote: > U=BFytkownik "DrMajorBob"<btreat1 at austin.rr.com> napisa=B3 w wiadomo=B6= ci grup > dyskusyjnych:iv6hgo$sch$1 at smc.vnet.net... >> Binary storage is not mathematically required, but the result is MUCH >> faster code. Perhaps, at some point, we'll abandon this trade-off when >> computers are so fast that the gain in speed isn't worth the confusion=