Re: Unexpected Behavior: SetDelayed versus Set
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120346] Re: Unexpected Behavior: SetDelayed versus Set
- From: blamm64 <blamm64 at charter.net>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 06:59:08 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks Daniel L., I have implemented essentially as you suggested, with a further check, using Select, to dump imaginary results if they ever occur, choose the greatest of any remaining real results found, and to Print a diagnostic if Dimensions of the solution with imaginaries removed returns zero. Thanks Bobby, what can I write except Exp[WOW]. Thanks Leonid, I am quite careful with the scoping in the notebook from which this example, paired down, came. In the notebook, as it currently exists, from which this example was extracted, aLinQS and bQuadQS are parameterized, I just opted to make the example less cluttered. I did read the links you provided and they were very helpful. Now, if I can just find that baseball cap with "DA" on it, I have to wear it for a while ... . -Brian L.