Re: Unexpected Behavior: SetDelayed versus Set

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120363] Re: Unexpected Behavior: SetDelayed versus Set
  • From: blamm64 <blamm64 at charter.net>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 06:32:02 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks Daniel L., I have implemented essentially as you suggested,
with a further check to Select only real and greater than zero
results, choose Max of what remains, and to Print a diagnostic if Max
returns -Infinity.

Thanks Bobby, what can I write except Exp[WOW]!?

Thanks Leonid, I am quite careful with the scoping in the notebook
from which this example, paired down, came.  In the notebook, as it
currently exists, from which this example was extracted, aLinQS and
bQuadQS are parameterized, I just opted to make the example less
cluttered.  I did read the links you provided and they were very
helpful.

Now, if I can just find that baseball cap with "DA" on it, I have to
wear it for a while ... .