Re: I think Omitting the multiplication sign is a big mistake
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120345] Re: I think Omitting the multiplication sign is a big mistake
- From: Gary Owen <jloughlin at loughlinconsulting.com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 06:58:57 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jul 18, 3:19 am, David Bailey <d... at removedbailey.co.uk> wrote: > On 15/07/2011 09:09, Murray Eisenberg wrote: > > > With current versions of Mathematica, of course, you get a > > multiplication sign between adjacent numbers by default. And it's a > > "real" multiplication sign -- the kind that looks like an x (no serifs) > > -- and not the computerese * symbol. > > I don't see that explicit multiplication sign - certainly not on the > default notebook that opens when you start Mathematica. However, I know > I have seen it somewhere - do you know how to turn it on? > > David Baileyhttp://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk Edit=>Preferences=>Appearance=>Numbers=>Multiplication. Check the box beside 'Automatically display multiplication symbol between multiplied numbers'.