Computable Document Format Replaces Player Notebooks

Hi Everyone,

Probably a silly question but I just want to be sure: Has the computable document format that is built into Mathematica replaced player notebooks, so that I no longer have to upload my notebooks to Wolfram for conversion?

Regards,

Gregory