Re: ExampleData[{"Geometry3D", "Torus"}]

Thanks, Oliver.  I know how to make a torus via ParametricPlot3D[], and by using the deprecated Torus[] function. I was wondering if ExampleData[] could be adjusted so that one would have the same control as with the old Torus[] function.  The reason I wanted this is that the torus produced by ExampleData[] looks much nicer than that produced by Torus[].  Or, at least, I cannot get the latter to look as smooth when rendered as the former.  But maybe I should just use ParametricPlot3D[] with Mehs->None as you suggest.  Thanks again for your attention.