Re: Producing an image that only contains its interior and boundary but, no exterior.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120455] Re: Producing an image that only contains its interior and boundary but, no exterior.
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 19:53:33 -0400 (EDT)

How did you discover that option for Show?

I find no entry for "ShrinkWrap" in the Documentation Center, see no
mention of that option value on the page for Show. On the Graphics3D ref
page, the option Method is listed in the More Information section, but
that Method option is not listed in the Options section of Examples.

And of course the ref page for Method is essentially useless in such a
case. It's long been a documentation lacuna that there are no "inverse
references" for such options as Method that apply to multiple functions
-- from the general option such as Method back to all the functions for
which it's an option, along with some information as to what settings
are allowed for each such function (at least in cases where within the
target function page itself the settings are not all listed).

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305